View Single Post
Old 07-19-2007, 05:52 PM
Senior Posting Member

Tim Bishop is on a distinguished road
Cool Are you sure?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amit Shtriker View Post
Thanks Tim!

I wrote that I bought this bass 4 years ago, so I've had a couple of battery replacements - with a fresh battery, there was no significant difference between passive and active mode (EQ flat), and when the battery needed replacement I knew it when the passive mode was even louder then the active..

By P/U gain I assume you mean the amp's input gain (before EQ), because I don't have any level adjustment in the bass' preamp cavity - this is what I wrote about needing to bring the preamp gain significantly high for the level to be adequate at the master output.

About changing the pickup height, tried this also last week when I tried to set up the bass (I couldn't bring it to the condition it was when I got it.. time to take it to a professional tech), but I felt that the sound changed in a way I didn't like (or wasn't used to), so I changed back the height to where it was.

Is there any other advice for me or anything to check out?

No, I'm not talking about "amp's input gain". I'm talking about the bass' gain. Are you sure there is no gain adjustment on that bass' pre-amp circuit? Unfortunately, I'm not familiar enough with your model, however, make sure that truly is the case. Can you send me a photo of the inside of the electronics cavity?