View Single Post
Old 01-29-2009, 08:39 AM
Posting Member

Allan Todd is on a distinguished road

Hi Oren,

My bass rig, i'm playing through a trace elliot ah500 head into a trace elliot 4x10+horn & an eden 4x10+horn, the sound & the power through this rig is unbelievable, i use to use trace gear years ago & then i took a couple of years out from playing & sold it all, when i started playing again i fancied something different & bought an eden wt1200 head & two 4x10 cabs but the head didn't seem very powerfull considering it was meant to be 1200watts rms so i bought the trace elliot 500 watt head that i have now & compared them, the eden didn't have even half the power of the trace strange?? so i think i will alway's use trace elliot but only there early stuff, i'm not too sure about the new ones, sound wise the tone i get with the wal or the thumb going through it is kind of a bernard edwards sound but slightly thicker, infact if you listen to a track from a band called "go west" the song is called "call me" thats my sound or very close to it, here is a link to it http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=7gW6WcwNirk so now i have to find out what smith bass bass to go for to get that kind of sound.

Allan.

Last edited by Allan Todd; 01-29-2009 at 08:58 AM. Reason: To add a link