View Single Post
Old 09-18-2008, 10:23 AM
Junior Posting Member

John Perrin is on a distinguished road

Really, the only things holding me back from the hybrid La Scala is that I'd still need to get myself a good bow to go with it, and they are a bit pricey for what I feel like I can afford. The La Scala hybrid would cost me about $6,500 for the bass and a decent bow and I'd still need to get a bass bag for it which could be another couple hundred.

So far I had been leaning toward the Calin Wultur Corsini fully carved bass with that $300 bow/bag/rosin package. One of the reasons I'm liking this bass is that the D. Tecchler bow that Ken offers looks like just what I want in a bow and for the bass, bow, bag, and rosin it comes out to something like $4,950.

How do you feel the Corsini compares to the La Scala? That $1,700 or so difference in price could buy a lot of groceries or pay a couple of months rent...

I completely agree with you on the Evah Pirrazzi strings though. I had planned to put them on whichever bass I end up with.

Another option to through into the mix might be the Amati KSB Shop Bass which starts at $4,500.