View Single Post
Old 04-20-2007, 02:11 AM
Posting Member

Steve_M is on a distinguished road

It gets a bit better and I get back on topic...

...Unfortunately, my colleague tells me he's going to be out of action until September. Because he's only contract staff and therefore subject to 1 weeks notice, his latest email was essentially his resignation. I'm sad about that because he was only just getting stuck into his projects. However, I have a load of extra time in the new organisation because I don't have the same admin workload so I can take up some of the slack.

So back OT:

We've launched a new, more reliable and more secure alternative to Bassworld.co.uk at www.basstalk.co.uk. Initially we were just trialling it out, but the hosts of Bassworld made a complete mess of an update to the site and put it offline essentially. So we found ourselves in a situation where we were 100% reliant on a forum that was still under development.

In the last 3 years I've been moderating the site, we've not recieved a single word of thanks or recognition in respect of the thousands of unpaid hours the other admin and I have put into the site from the owner. The owner of the site didn't want to negotiate a share of the domain name with us in recognition of how we made the site what it is and he broke promises to revamp and upgrade the whole board.

Up until we decided to launch the other forum, he stopped replying to our emails, text messages and 2 weeks ago he finally blocked us on MSN. In the meantime the other admin and I were left having to protect him from heavy criticism over the site's reliability.

Anyways, the rest is history. I don't know if Bassworld will be resurrected but its likely we won't be admin any more if/when it happens.