Thread: DB Amps..
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2007, 02:04 PM
Posting Member

Bob Branstetter is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus Johnson View Post
I tried something the other night, on a duo gig..... my AMT mic, skipped the Raven Labs blender, and just went straight into my Series 1 Contra. Sounded incredible, pizz and arco. I've been busting out the Contra (aka "The Shopvac") more and more lately.
I used a Series I AI Contra before I got my Series III Coda. I think the down firing AI speaker is more mic friendly than the traditional front firing speaker. Of course with the Contra you only have one channel and need to carry a blender/mixer to mix a pickup with the mic. I found this a bit of limitation for louder gigs since I was sometimes forced to use a pickup alone. (I didn't want to carry around another box and cords). The Series III Coda gives me everything I need in one small box. I mix my tailpiece mounted AMT mic with a Full Circle pickup and I have been very pleased with the sound quality I can obtain by mixing the two since I can adjust the relative volume of mic and pickup to suit the gig without having to carry around anything extra. Best of all (especially for us older guys), it only weighs 20lbs.