View Single Post
Old 06-28-2007, 09:29 PM
Bassist, Luthier & Admin

Ken Smith is on a distinguished road
Cool Media...

Magazines are fun especially when they have nice Bass pictures and good articles to read. In a 100-150 page magazine a single advertiser is competing for attention 'when' it gets read.

At this very moment there are 99 people on this Forum. Only 8 are signed in members. How much does this Forum or even my Website cost me in comparison? A tiny tiny fraction as compared to print ads and the material here on-line is refreshed and updated several times daily. How much does one pay to read a Forum like this or a Bass Website like mine? ZERO!

How much Product competition do I have on the Forum or my Website? Zero as well!

How many unique visits do I receive daily between the two? Over 2,000 a day, 24/7, 365 days a year and growing quickly.

My Website averaged about 400 visits a day 4-5 years ago. Last year it averaged over 1,100 a day and currently it has almost doubled this year and since we started this Forum. The Forum is hitting over 700 a day and growing as well.

A few months ago Bass Player called me to sell ME banner ads at a per click rate. Mind you, THEY canceled my Subscription to the Magazine and now they asked me to advertise with them? What were they thinking?

Anyway, I told them they would benefit more form a Banner ad on my Forum/Website than I might on theirs. Just my opinion!