View Single Post
Old 11-26-2010, 02:08 AM
Senior Posting Member

Adrian Levi is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne holmes View Post
Happy Thanksgiving Adrian

you are putting the same back back on? yes?

have you intalled the front plate already, or was it already on and you never took it off.

if you are putting the same back plate back on and it is not fitting the ribs --it seems reasonable to think that:

the front plate was installed incorrectly- or adding new edges or shaving the top ribs, or placing the top too far back thus raising the upper ribs - all or any of which would throw off the back to ribs

I would check the top plate very closely first to make sure that the ribs are not drawn up for some reason

if the top is not correct, then I would remove and reglue

Maybe others will disagree, but I would start with the back plate in place first- I have only assembled one where both the back and front were off and gluing the back first worked out okay

take your time- you have a very good instrument there- well worth getting it totally right

the top would not have to be off much to cause a 20mm gap between the back and upper ribs. I would not want to spring it in. or force clamp it
The top is on and sitting flat and really nicely . I can sit the back on really well and its perfectly in line with rib outline but simply comes up away from the gluing surface of the upper ribs and the neck heel.