View Single Post
Old 04-20-2009, 07:40 AM
Bassist, Luthier & Admin

Ken Smith is on a distinguished road
Wink spoiled?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joel Larsson View Post
The possible lack of alternatives that makes you sort of depend on that bass you have there at the luthier's. You are a spoiled man bass-wise, Ken.
Me, spoiled?

The Bass I played and owned for nearly 20 years now has Rogeri papers attached to it. Regardless of the name, it was a fantastic 'to die for' bass.

With all of the basses I now have which are mostly inventory (business), only a few of them were purchased for personal use. Although I do switch around a bit trying most of them out here and there, it's mostly for evaluation purposes.

Until a Bass is fully restored and broken in afterwards, I can't say if it's something that I will want to keep. With owning only one Bass (or two), that's usually not an option.

Anyway, I don't want to get off topic here but I do know what it's like to wait for a bass to come from restoration. On average I think that 6-12 months is normal for big restoration jobs. Some can easily take longer. The longer the Bass has been in dis-repair, the longer it might take to get the Bass all squared away.

So, anytime you can have a bass fully restored by a good bass Luthier in less than a year, you are doing just fine time wise..