View Single Post
Old 07-04-2011, 08:50 AM
Bassist, Luthier & Admin

Ken Smith is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb new pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Swanson View Post
Having visited Ken's shop, played, and listened to Ken play, several of his basses, I would say that the photos capture more like .001% of his collection's magic...

Definitely worth a trip.

It is sort of the opposite of some things, where the marketing "buzz" and the photos are the best part...
Mike and I took new pics yesterday with the new camera. We tried both flash and not flash, midday with the sun thru the back window and against the white wall instead of the mahogany door that we have used for the past several years. I prefer the door and Mike prefers the wall. The Camera does focus and mix color with the wall but I feel I can tell the contrast better by looking at the door color in the shot. Still, we used a plain white wall in the background.

Maybe in a day or so we will get the page up and published. We still have to do the Scroll thumbnail on the price tier page. It will be in the upper range page of the basses opposite the William Tarr Bass which we shot yesterday as well. I still have some page work to do on the Tarr so we will load them both together.

So, pics are coming so be patient.