View Single Post
Old 06-03-2010, 05:45 AM
Posting Member

Eric Rene Roy is on a distinguished road

I think there is more mfg in the USA than one realizes...you just have to look for it and be willing to pay a bit more for it. It is not like it used to be with whole towns being employed by one company like when my grandfather was growing up.

We are located in a small industrial park in the middle of the woods in CT...blink and you miss us. There are some pretty amazing companies hidden away in here with us...I don't think any of us employ more than 10 people.

We cherish our employees here...and we finally have a very small crew who all love what they do and do it well. I do depend on all of them...and the downside is when someone is out...it does create a "log jam" in "production". My varnish guy was out sick for a few days...and that created a problem. So...everyone in the building stopped what they were doing and helped out, and we were back on track in a day or two. Problem solved.

Funny...I was thinking about things the other day with products being made in China and how dependent China is on world consumption, and how a dip in the economy has caused many Chinese companies to close up. I have come to my own conclusion that the Chinese mfg model is essentially a giant Ponzi Scheme. The prices are too low to be sustainable for them and it requires a constant in flux of money and growing orders. The second the orders dip...the money is unbalanced and the companies fold. So as long as fresh money is constantly pouring in...no problems man. Ponzi Scheme. China is Bernie Madoff!