View Single Post
Old 10-24-2007, 06:05 PM
Senior Posting Member

Richard Prowse is on a distinguished road

Up here (Canada)
It's cold and I don't feel like playing my bass because my fingers don't want to move properly. I'll buy some fingerless gloves tomorrow.
I saw a polar bear today just outside Totonto. Toronto is a nice city, but very cold. There are a lot of Eskimos living in Toronto. Back in New Zealand we used to have a chocolate covered ice cream called an Eskimo Pie. They were simple but nice. I thank the Eskimo people for bringing me this little pleasure. I find it hard to imagine Eskimos eating much ice cream. I don't know why really. Maybe they do. I think they probably eat more fish. It must be hard cooking fish in the snow. I think that this is why a lot of Eskimos are now moving to Toronto. Even though I find Toronto cold, it probably seems warmer to them. I'm getting to really like the Eskimo people. I might speak to one soon. I assume that they speak Eskimo. I'll go to a bookshop and find a book that teaches you Eskimo.
Eskimo for beginners.
I know this much:

"Ooga" means "Good day"
and
"Eega" means "Good night".
They probably have a lot of names for fish. I don't mean for the different species. I mean for fish in general. They probably have quite a few ways of saying,
"Jesus, it's cold!"
Ah, yes, Eskimos are interesting people. I wonder if they have their own folk songs? Do they have their own instruments? They'd be instruments that are easy to play when your hands are cold.