View Single Post
Old 08-25-2009, 10:40 AM
Posting Member

Don Edge is on a distinguished road

The instruments are drums (acoustic), guitar (acoustic or electric), and/or piano. I am using a 15 inch speaker with a tweater (nonadjustable). THe drummer is behind a shield but they may a) enclose him completely, which I don't like, or b) mike the drums so he can hit them less hard. He just put acrylic heads on them so they are louder. (BTW he player with George Straight and Waylon Jeninngs). He wants to be enclosed. My amp does an XLR output and I use it to go to the house. The board and system is all wrong and a sound guy is coming in. The church has 27 foot high ceilings, wood floors, a rock wall where the instruments and improperly installed sound deadening material on the side walls. It is a great echo chamber when no one is there. They are fixing the material on the sides. They are using peavey monitors (std looking and size). I am not in the monitors since I am plenty loud. The three of us sound really good togther and click. We just have to get the sound straight. Hope this helps. I was going to get an Eden WT 550 head and a decent cab but think that is serious overkill for that church. We have four house speakers on the ceiling that are chained. The sound engineer will be unchaining them for independent volume controls. That is also a volume issue. That is one reason I can not be in the house, I over power everything. Amp recommendations would be nice. I have a tendency to by good stuff and keep it, ie: my Pedulla. I do like versatility.

Don