View Single Post
Old 09-12-2007, 10:56 PM
Bassist, Luthier & Admin

Ken Smith is on a distinguished road
Cool oops..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Branstetter View Post
What theory? That a Radio Shack volume meter will allow you to determine the relative amount of sound coming from the back, front, ribs or any other part of your bass? The only thing I said was the I use it (the Radio Shack ****og volume meter) to determine the A0 frequency (by measuring the volume) inside the bass. No theory here either, just the fact that I find this inexpensive volume meter quite useful for lots of things. It's also a fact, not theory, that I used it to setup my home surround system, which I might add sounded quite good after making the adjustments to the individual speaker channels.

I assume that you were jumping to a conclusion that this had something to do with A0-B0 matching. No, I gave up trying to convince you of the merits of that and other well documented procedures that I use a long time ago.
Ok Bob, sry.. My bad.. I mis-read your Post. For judging the volume of the Top or Back or whatever, I just use my ears. I don't know what measuring them could do if that's how the Bass just is. On the AO/BO thing, I'm more of a 'see it' kinda guy than a 'read about it' person. I need to experience things for myself before I tinker with things. The A-B thing is for another thread some place else on the Forum so we will leave it at that. I know we did this over on TB before but I would welcome the open type discussion of it if you are willing to start it up again over on the Luthiers section here.