View Single Post
Old 06-11-2007, 01:08 AM
Bassist, Luthier & Admin

Ken Smith is on a distinguished road
Cool "sell the back 40"??

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Powell View Post
That's probably a little out of range. The Storioni bass guitar, I mean. It's really cool, though. I'd have to "sell the back 40" to pick that one up. What's up with the English mystery bass?
The Storioni Bass Guitar offer was in jest by the way. Actually, it's been out on trial with a major Symphony. It needs a major restoration so the chances of selling it now is a long shot but possible. It sounds fantastic but will sound much better after it's restored.

On the Mystery Bass, I hope to have it in a few months. Anytime this year would be nice but it will take what it takes and not a day less. I am not worried about the time. Before long, I will have the Hart Bass to play for most or all of next season and my Bisiach with its new Ext by Jeff will be ready in a few days as well. That Bass does just about everything so no rush on any of the work on my Basses. The Loveri goes into restoration with Jeff when I pick it up.

On the Pollmann, I have a beautiful sounding, looking and playing model at 18k. Arnold has a similar one with a C ext on Consignment for about 21k last I heard. The newer Italian models they make cost a bit more now.

Only you know what is best for you music and investment wise. A Violone is a specialty instrument. If you like it, get it.