View Single Post
Old 09-25-2010, 04:24 PM
Junior Posting Member

Brian Hewett is on a distinguished road
Default Eden and Epifani works for me

I've been using an Eden WT800C with an Epifani UL2 4x10 for the last couple of years since getting back into playing professionally. This setup works very well for me and I've been very happy. In the Early 90's I used SWR equipment and it was great stuff and actually helped my playing quite a lot because the amps and cabinets were so clean that I could suddenly hear EVERYTHING I was doing. Before then I was used to playing through junk which was essentially hiding some bad faults. So, the SWR equipment was great for my playing but I find that the Eden amp is a bit warmer which I like a lot and it's just as clean and punchy as the SWR stuff. I can generally leave the EQ settings quite flat on the amp and can simply dial in many different sounds using my Smith bass EQ controls and varying the the way I pluck the strings by either shifting the location of my right hand or changing the the angle of attack or changing the strength of the attack or putting more or less meat of the finger into the attack or combinations of all the above.
The Epifani cabinet has a great smooth sound in all frequencies and for me it really shows off the beautiful sound of the Smith very well, at least to the best of my fingers abilities to make it sound as good as it can. I have another 4x10 cabinet of the same power rating as a backup cabinet although I don't like to have to play through it because the sound is not nearly as lively as the Epifani. It's more dull sounding and the highs and mids more harsh sounding to me. I'm open to trying other amplification equipment out there but there isn't much in my area in stock to try.