Thread: Silly Threads!
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2007, 05:34 PM
Bassist, Luthier & Admin

Ken Smith is on a distinguished road
Wink Rid the others?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Prowse View Post
I really like the Down Here (NZ) thread. Do you remember, Ken, that you actually set it up. I wrote a few things and you set up the thread and called it 'Down Here (NZ)'. It has had over 7000 views now. Well done Ken... a good initiative!
I think those threads where you only write your name or a sentence are a bit silly. If I was in charge, I'd get rid of them... and downgrade the ranking of the idiot who started them.
I have visited other bass sites, but yours is by far the best! It is the only one that I visit now. I loved reading about cornerless basses. The vibrato thread is interesting too... it contains my reply from Gary Karr.
Thanks again Ken and keep up the good work.
Richard
Well, the person (not idiot) who started those other Threads can actually delete them easily by using the EDIT function and choose Delete on the FIRST Initial Post they made when they started it. This will delete the entire Thread. I have the power ONLY one time to choose to delete it from the server or Restore it. If I wipe out the 'wipe out', it is gone forever. OR.. I can leave it 'restorable' for another day if I so choose to.

I Agree that the DOWN HERE Thread is getting quite colorful. Too bad though that more don't join in with the fun. I remember when I was a kid and got caught doing something Bad I would say, "he told me to do it". Putting the blame on the person that gave me the idea. The response I got was "If he jumps off a Bridge, are you going to follow him?"

Gee, why aren't more people following you over here? Is it that far a jump to get 'Down Here'?.. lol