View Single Post
Old 10-09-2011, 04:03 PM
Senior Posting Member

Richard Prowse is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Smith View Post
Then I suggest the Belcanto's which bow great and pizz fairly well on most basses. One of my favorite strings now.
Hi Ken and Joshua,
Funnily enough I'm using Spiros (Weichs) on my main bass and doing lots of bowing. They really do sound great. I've got old Bel Canti on my other bass, but I'm about to replace them with EP Weichs.
I started my main bass (when I acquired it) with EPs (orchestral) and Bel Canti, but the spiros give a lovely sound on that bass. I recently played some duets with a guy who was using EP Weichs and my bowing sound seemed at least as good as his. I know I'm not playing in an orchestra, but those Spiros are staying on that bass, and I'll be bowing them a lot. I guess I've gone for EP Weichs on the other bass because I haven't got time for a set of Spiros to settle - I've got a concert approaching fast and my main bass goes through periods of having creaking problems. So the other bass has to be ready, like a first five eight in the All Blacks.
Well, I assume you guys are following the rugby world cup and know that Dan Carter is out with a groin injury.