View Single Post
Old 04-05-2008, 03:37 PM
Bassist, Luthier & Admin

Ken Smith is on a distinguished road
Question cool..

Last night I'm coming home from an Orchestra Rehearsal and jumped on a local highway/ByPass. Next think I know there are flashing lights behind me and the car in front of me speeds up a little. I move over a lane and then the Cop follows. Then I think, 'Oh, it's me he's chasing'..lol

I pull over, he walks up and looks at me, shines a light on me Reg. Stickers on the dash and asks for my Lic. and Reg. I hand him everything and he walks to his car. About 2 minutes later he comes back and I was thinking to ask for forgiveness and get off with a warning IF I was speeding. I didn't really know.

So, I say..'may I ask why you pulled me over'? He replies, 'are you kidding me?'.. 'No' I said. I'm not'. 'You passed me back there and then I turned on my speed equipt., and clocked you at 75mph' (50-55 limit there I think)., 'Oh'.. 'I'm sry, I didn't realize it. I was just on my way home.' and then I said, 'if it helps any, I'm a friend of law enforcement like Perkasie Police (my local) and the ATF, I have consulted and stuff' (I have a friend there and we talk.. business and music).. etc..

He smiles and hands me back my Lic. and Reg. and says 'slow down a little'.. I say yes, I will. Are you giving me a ticket?' (didn't see that he had one in his hand for me).. 'No, just slow down'.. 'Ok, sorry sir, I will'..

Then I realize what he was looking at on my Dash when he first shined his light on. My ATF hat from my friend in Detroit (Violent Crimes div, and now Tact., 25 yr veteran at ATF). It's not a Hat you can buy anywhere.

Once while going to NYC for Bass stuff with a friend and my Son, we made a left thru a red light when it changed down on C**** street to head uptown. There were 2 cops there pulling cars over at each light change because unless you go thru a Red, you can't make the Turn at busy times. He does the same, takes the Reg/mine and the Lic./my friends who was driving MY car. Comes back and lets us go and the other car in front to make it look equal. My ATF hat was on the Dash as well I am thinking now after last night that that may have had something to do with it.

What do you think?