Thread: You're Fired!
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2010, 10:40 AM
Senior Posting Member

Oren Hudson is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Prowse View Post
Oren, my confident friend, no one's too important to be fired. Why even Ken got fired from TalkBass.
Sorry my most honored friend. I did some studying on the subject and I did manage to recall the one time that this fired business may apply. At age 12, I'd had my first bass guitar for probably 3 weeks when one of my uncles told me that he knew of a teenage band that was looking for a bass player. So he took me to the house where they practiced. I had no amp, so I plugged into one of the guitar players channels on his Silvertone. I was pretty excited to actually hear the bass. Problem is, I sorta knew Wipe Out and maybe a line or two of Louie Louie and that was about it. So after the first break, my uncle told me that they didn't want me - so we left. Oh well.

On the other hand, a couple of years later, the band that I had started participated in a Battle of the Bands, a popular thing then, along with several other area bands, including the one that didn't want me in their band a couple of years earlier. Wanna guess which band won and which band didn't even place?

Submitted with most humbleness.

Side note 2 = I'm guessing that the biggest reason for the firing situation for me is that 75% of the bands that I've played in have been founded or co-founded by me.