View Single Post
Old 07-03-2007, 08:18 AM
Senior Posting Member

Mark Mazurek is on a distinguished road

The Web IS the best way to show your stuff.

That being said, places like TB and such are easily the main source for purchase researching.

I ended up there when bass shopping, and have an Upton Bass being delivered today (12 wks later). I admit to being a little impatient, but I would imagine I'm more like a standard web customer.

Doing more research (or simply 'listening' to everyone more) over the last 12 weeks has changed my perspective a bit. I would not have ordered this bass knowing what I now know. I would have definitely hopped into a plane and flew to the Upton shop. I'd also have checked out all the basses within 50 miles of me (which would include the whole Chicago area and parts of Indiana and Wisconsin). I 'might' have ended up with a different bass. Who knows.

I'm certainly happy with my KSB bow (thanks again Ken), which was just purchased a week ago. Again, due to web research mostly (which led to my call to you).

Real Bass shops are 'around', but have to be sought out. Some luthiers don't even have a website, just an email address.

Didn't even browse through a bass mag at Borders.

Hope this is useful info from a 'very' current consumer.

Mark