View Single Post
Old 05-05-2014, 01:03 PM
Bassist, Luthier & Admin

Ken Smith is on a distinguished road
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brennen Keene View Post
Thanks for the feedback and the information. This bass had not been offered for sale in more than five years because the seller (even though he is a dealer) had kept the bass for his use in performances from time to time. My daughter was the first person to whom he had offered to sell the instrument, so we don't know how long it would have lasted on the market. (I know that that sounds like a too-good-to-be-true story, but I was able to verify it).

I'll talk with my insurance company to make sure that we know what they will require in terms of an appraisal. This bass (hopefully) will be my daughter's instrument for the next 5+ years, so I want to make sure we insure it for the proper amount.

Thanks again.
I suggest you keep all price information private and off all public forums. If you like, you can message me here, email me or call me. As far as her having the bass for 5 years or so, that will depend on her progress or will to continue, the grade of the bass vs her needs or of if she lands a good job and wants to get a higher grade bass than this. Call me if you like.