View Single Post
Old 02-23-2008, 04:00 PM
Junior Posting Member

IanMcElroy is on a distinguished road
Default The Bass Story

Well, since you asked.

I've had it for about a year now but it's from mid 2005. My good friend Dan had one made for him in 2004 I think. He had it for a year but he left it at his Church and it was stolen from the store room along with mid 1960's Strat. I started working at his old Job when he quit and I ordered him the new one when the insurance money came through. He had a kid, bought a house, and got married in the time that it took the bass to get there and canceled the order from us so he could have the money to buy stuff for his family.

So about two years goes by and I have some money saved from gigs and I start thinking about a new bass. I remember the first time a came to Ken's webpage, when I was about 16, thinking "man I can't wait to get one of those". So I call Ken. I really like Koa but with its prices the way they are and how hard it is to get a good piece we started talking about a Black Tiger. It was sort of a compromise but a really good one and I was happy. The way that the Chain that I worked for works is that it has central buying so I had to call my Head Office to get a price and okay it with them. I called and they said, "We've got a Koa BSR4GN here if you want it". It was the replacement Bass for Dan!!! It was sitting a warehouse for over a year hanging out with a bunch of boxes. I took it and got a real good price on it and that's how I got my bass.