View Single Post
Old 03-09-2007, 12:33 PM
Senior Posting Member

Tim Bishop is on a distinguished road
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Smith View Post
Tim as always your on point, but with one exception to the issue, "Smith" basses are looked upon as a status symbol of excellence in craftmanship by those who don't own them, but to players such as myself, I simply love the tone. Bass players that come to my place of worship begin to salavate when ever I bring out my WBT 5EG or my Tiger Wood 4, but to me it's all about the feel. Each bass player is in search for that axe that brings forth the sound that they hear within them. For me that's "Smith" (Though I must admit I love the look on their faces when they see my "Smith") Either way you look at it, intentional or not, the "Smith" Bass name carries an assumption upon the individual who plays it.

There's no argument about the "excellence in craftmanship", sound, feel or anything else as such related to a Smith bass. The point I was attempting to make was that of "status symbol" as conveyed in the initial start-up thread. Given that, I would invite all those that have or haven't read my response above to visit or revisit it.

As far as "assumptions made on the individual who plays it", well, we all know what happens when we assume....: )

Last edited by Tim Bishop; 03-09-2007 at 12:51 PM.