View Single Post
Old 10-16-2010, 06:26 PM
Junior Posting Member

Frank Larouche is on a distinguished road
Default uptade!

So I tried this bass this afternoon and the bass sound very very good even if it's been 15 years or so since nobody plays it. The strings were too high to play easily but the sound was fantastic. I played maybe a dozen of bass since I start to search and this is the best one of them all easily! Pizz the sound is really big and full of volume, even in all the register and with the bow it is something to say the least. The arco tone is the best one I have ever had. The bass is in good shape, the weird cracks are only scratches in the finish.

It is weird that Mr. Senni sees it as a french bass because the tuner are are french style like the Vuillaume school and the jacquet-gand on this site. It is old for sure and the appraiser tought so too (Forget in Montreal).

The finish is not that shiny in person, the pictures were misleading. The owner had the bass appreased and repaired for 4k in 2003 from a very good luthier in montreal so it seem a real bargain at that price.

Did I mention it sound fantastic!!

Do you think it not reasonnable for someone to take a loan for a instrument knowing that I'm a student for now but that i finish my degree in december?