View Single Post
Old 12-11-2011, 01:26 AM
Posting Member

Scott Pope is on a distinguished road

Well, it may actually have been a wolf. I thought wolf tones were more like a single note really sticking out or dying, not spreading through a range of a few notes. I shifted my jack bracket on my Full Circle from the A & D strings to the E & A strings, actually to make access easier, and lo, and behold, as I play, the peaking not only seems to have mostly disappeared, but I'm getting clearer and more balanced response from my E string overall as well. It is significant enough that my even my wife and 14-year old son can tell the difference, as they know my playing best. Thanks again for all your help.

Hmm. I'm starting to get asked for more gigs. I live in southwest Missouri, but not Branson. Word is getting out that I play, but because I'm not stuck in a bluegrass band, in an orchestra, or on the Branson strip, I'm getting asked to do a wide variety of gigs, from a barnwarming party a couple months ago to a contemporary lessons & carols church service, in jazz & funk style, as well as "conventional" dance band gigs this season. It's been awhile since I've had this many gigs in a row.

As this is my avocation, not my day job, I'm having a blast!

Here's the real kicker so far: last February my dance band played a local dance club's Valentine's Day party. Straightforward gig, decent pay, good time. This coming February we did not get the gig. But last week I got a call from the bandleader who is playing the gig and he asked me to play in his band for the gig!!! So I get to play it, anyway! Life is grand.