View Single Post
Old 05-29-2007, 01:45 PM
Posting Member

Steve_M is on a distinguished road

Well Ken, you have my vote of sympathy. I've got issues with their mods too, but based on their apathy rather than a hidden agenda. Good on ya for airing the issue anyway.

Bob - thanks for clarifying, I have threads saved already.

I find Paul at Talkbass inconsistent which is unfortunate in my view.

I've been bullied on Talkbass because I own and run a competitive forum at www.basschat.co.uk and the tribal nature that sometimes exists on Talkbass singled me out after someone on Bassworld took issue with me over acting in respect of their behaviour. Basschat used to be www.bassworld.co.uk but there's a whole story behind that which I won't go into in this thread. Check out my other post on this forum here if you're interested.

Paul sent me an pm recently regarding how a test-site we'd registered for bassworld called "basstalk.co.uk" was "smearing" its interests with talkbass. We're going to keep the domain for the forseeable future but point it to the Basschat webforum, which seems to be doing amazingly well with over 600 members signing up in 3 weeks since its inception! We've also managed to shake some of the forum parasites too so it all looks good - all the best people have stayed. BTW, if any of you feel like an alternative to TB, give us some consideration. We're smaller but a lot friendlier and every member does actually exist!

I reckon Paul's making a good income from Talkbass and as its sole "employee" he's bound to protect his own interests. Unfortunately Talkbass.com is so big that I think its unlikely a politically influential clique will get an overview (or even care, for that matter). Its difficult for one voice to be remembered.

Ken did the absolute right thing in setting this forum up. As I've already said previously, if he hadn't done it this year, I would have.