View Single Post
Old 05-15-2014, 06:14 AM
Bassist, Luthier & Admin

Ken Smith is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Itterly View Post
So are your basses good for country music too? I am not a country fan but I am interested in this, and if I recall, it's the most popular music in the U.S. I think I meet you a few times back in the 90's but forgot to ask then. I don't remember the exact year but you were still in Brooklyn but it may have been during your move to Pennsylvania. It's just too long ago. Sorry.
Brooklyn in the 90s? Not me. I was in Manhattan till 1995 and then in Pa.

Many country artists are and have been backed up with a Smith bass, Reba, Tanya Tucker, Boots Randolph with Tim Smith on bass, David Allen Coe, Lori Morgan etc.. Most of them I have seen in concert and the bass cut right thru..

Gospel players, Latin players, Greek players, Japanese players.. lol... Bb is Bb. Doesn't matter the music. We make professional basses. I don't care who uses them.

Phil Lesh bought 3, John Entwistle bought one, Stanley Clarke BOUGHT 4 basses from me and so on..

Please let me know when this Audition is over!.. Please..

One last comment on this is that many Smith players are professionals and do not spend time on Forums or YouTube. They are busy touring and making 'real' records. Like them, for 20 years my personal tax return said 'Professional Musician' as what I did for a living. I make tools for guys that need them because, I know what they need having been there personally.