View Single Post
Old 12-16-2010, 01:12 PM
Bassist, Luthier & Admin

Ken Smith is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremy jones View Post
That really puts KS bass owners between a rock and a hard place IMO. I don't doubt the quality of your work but it would be hundreds of dollars to ship a bass back and forth. I would defiantly consider it for major repairs, upgrades or if I lived near you but some of this should common knowledge to fix IMO.

Have you ever considered putting up youtube videos for stuff like maintenance and minor repairs? Do you have any sort of resource or manuals for repairs?
It's not rocket science. I just see repair people ordering parts and making mistakes. Some of these guys think they know everything. I try teaching what I can but somethings can't be done on-line or on the phone. Would you go to a doctor for a procedure that he learned on line or on the phone? People DO visit us on occasion and learn things. This is something we cannot control.

Basses come in here set-up and adjusted by who knows and in an hour, we un-do and re-do it right. Some amount of feel and talent is required. It's not all Plumbing.