View Single Post
Old 02-20-2012, 01:39 PM
Junior Posting Member

Jay VandeKopple is on a distinguished road

Yes, Jim had forwarded me your email, so I got back the other day.

Once David and Arnold okay the brochure, we'll get those sent out along with an application form (in which you'll give contact info and bass lutherie experience). I'll collect the forms and, once we agree on the list, forward the list to the Oberlin office. They'll then send out billing and further details.

As has been said, we're meeting the same week as the Acoustics Workshop. We'll plan on some joint topics with them. And we will likely come up with some topics that will challenge them. We got a start looking at some wolftone effects last time, and Chris Dungey will join us with an update on what he's been working on since then.

The dorms seem the best route to go, and it keeps us all together. While they don't have A/C, we usually have a bunch of box fans to spread around. And this time we're looking to East or Asia for the dorm. We'll plan to have dinner together with the Acoustics group, but a kitchen won't be available this year (Alumni events on campus). So we're planning on using a cafeteria this time.

It's a great week, and all are exhausted by the end. But it creates a great opportunity to spend time and share ideas with other luthiers.