View Single Post
Old 05-31-2009, 01:43 AM
Bassist, Luthier & Admin

Ken Smith is on a distinguished road
Cool well..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joel Larsson View Post
I found a New Zealand site selling a "Dörfler, stamped G. Werner" for NZ$730. Eventually I found http://www.vivaceviolin.com/pp/Bows/.../VlnBw406.html which seems to further indicate that G. Werner is student grade bows made by Dörfler. On their website, I found no information on the stamping of their beginner/student level models, though...
G. Werner bows seems to sell for USD150-500.

On Krusig I have nothing. Can't find anything online, no matter which of the German words for bow or bow maker I use in association with his name.
I found a few websites that sell them but also list them in more than one level of Quality and price. All have been French that I have found. These are fairly high quality German made German Bows, from what I can see. Still, the prices the dealer set for them are probably what they sell for retail in NYC. At an international show, these two Bows may or may not be competitively priced. Still, I have a good bunch of great and classic bows besides these. I was just curious what was known about them out here because I had never heard of them before.