View Single Post
Old 03-29-2007, 08:54 PM
Posting Member

Brian Gencarelli is on a distinguished road
Cool

Ken,

I think we are saying the basic same thing. No argument here. To me, a Juzek bass (in generalities) is not worth 10K. I got a lot more bass than that for 10K. I was also patient and waited for a long time...

Having said that, I have seen and played some REALLY nice Juzek basses in my day as well. Some I would have considered paying 6-8K for if I was in the market, based on their sound. However, I know the difference between the higher end and the plywood. Most noobs do not.

Most of my students end up with a Shen or Christopher, as I feel that these basses (here go the generalities again) are better quality than anything else out there for the money. (In the student lines)

My biggest point is that there are no absolutes with basses. There are some awesome Juzeks and some awesome Shens, but as with anything there are some DAWGS as well. Consider each bass on its own merit. Play as many as you can. Play them for someone else, and have someone else play them for you. Then you can make a good, informed decision.

Bass shopping is fun, scary, exciting, and can be sad ($$$) all at the same time!

Don't rush!
Brian

Last edited by Brian Gencarelli; 03-29-2007 at 08:57 PM. Reason: re read.