Thread: Velvet Animas
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2009, 04:25 AM
Senior Posting Member

Joel Larsson is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Clinkingbeard View Post
Minor embarrassment. I realized last night that I have them coming behind the tailpiece rather than over the front.
I've done ALL sorts of cheap mistakes... put even regular ball ends in the wrong way, started tuning the string while I still hadn't pulled them through the tailpiece, tuning them the wrong way, things like that. And of course, making a complete mess in the pegbox with strings crossing or going over the wrong barrels and whatnot. Thing is, I HATE changing strings, and want to get it over with asap. This mentality probably costs me more in loss of time than a more focused approach would, but I can't help it. Worst case scenario is you have two basses with one set on each, and you need the other set for the first bass, so you have to change on two basses simultaneously... besides taking a lot of time, I also use to mix up the strings, i.e. I take off the two A strings, and then put them back again, BUT ON THE SAME BASS. Aaaargh. Jag thinking about it is about to ruin my day.