View Single Post
Old 12-24-2008, 09:59 PM
Bassist, Luthier & Admin

Ken Smith is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb Thread re-Titled

The Thread originator posted a potential damaging claim which by the replies posted from other Smith Bass owners easily disputes any misconception about the average weight of a Smith Bass.

By his own Profile statement (Musical Background;Not much to tell, have been more of a bass collector than a musician, but I love all things bass.) our friend Kraig Gregory is not a regular player so this is just his viewpoint.

After several Replies in the Thread he originated, he has not come back at all to interact or discuss this possibly damaging comment. Therefor, I have re-name this thread to reflect his viewpoint rather than just a statement of fact.

If one is only a part time player, the physical aspect of playing the Bass can be more fatiguing than it would be for those that play daily and work within the music profession regularly. I myself rarely play Electric (Smith) Bass outside of the office these days as I mainly only play Double Bass for Symphony or Jazz gigs. When playing that 'occasional' BG job, even 9 or 10 lbs. on your shoulder is noticeable if you are not used to it, period.