View Single Post
Old 09-12-2007, 09:42 PM
Posting Member

Bob Branstetter is on a distinguished road
Default No Theory Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Smith View Post
Bob, you can ABC my Basses anytime you like. I don't personally buy into that theory mainly because I am clueless about it. Changing strings for me has made more differences than just about any type of adjustments have.

Maybe it also depends on the grade of Bass too. You think?
What theory? That a Radio Shack volume meter will allow you to determine the relative amount of sound coming from the back, front, ribs or any other part of your bass? The only thing I said was the I use it (the Radio Shack ****og volume meter) to determine the A0 frequency (by measuring the volume) inside the bass. No theory here either, just the fact that I find this inexpensive volume meter quite useful for lots of things. It's also a fact, not theory, that I used it to setup my home surround system, which I might add sounded quite good after making the adjustments to the individual spreaker channels.

I assume that you were jumping to a conclusion that this had something to do with A0-B0 matching. No, I gave up trying to convice you of the merits of that and other well documented proceedures that I use a long time ago.