View Single Post
Old 03-11-2007, 11:04 AM
Glenn DiTommaso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Smith View Post
Glen, could you explain what it is about the Epifani sound that has obvious got you hooked on their line of bass cabs?
Well, I did try (and have owned) a number of different amps and cabs over the years (most recently a Trace Elliot rig from the early 90s), but I guess the main reason I went with the Epifani cabs is because they have been the only ones (to me) that reproduce the same bass sound that I hear in my head. It's hard to describe with words. They just have the tone that I like, especially with the Smith basses. To my ears, the T115 with the UL210 and the 502 amp reproduces that tone I've always wanted to hear. The T115 is a little bit heavy, but the UL series cabs are so easy to move, which is a plus.

There are a lot of great cabs available from many high quality builders, and to say which is better or worse (to me) is pointless, because it's whatever works best for the individual player. I've found that the Epifani line just speaks to me. The Walter Woods with the UL112 is a great compact rig, although I've read that some don't like the WW amps with the UL cabs. Again, all very subjective, but it works well for me.