View Single Post
Old 07-30-2010, 09:35 PM
Bassist, Luthier & Admin

Ken Smith is on a distinguished road
Cool no longer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Faulkner View Post
I think keeping the model names more in-line with tradition is probably the best. It would have made it more difficult explaining what my bass is comparable to in the current line up.. It'll be nice to still be able to say go look up a BSR Elite-G!

I look forward to the new site, but I'm also a little sad my bass will likely no longer be pictured as an example on your site. I've had a little thread of pride in that for 9 years, but it makes sense to feature pictures of models currently rolling off the shelves.

Which bass is yours? Show me the bass link and where its from. Most pics will be used still for now unless it doesn't match the model.

Some of the Elites and GNs will be Tigers now if they are the maple/walnut mix. The others may be trimmed out or stay depending on the quality of the pic and how current the model is. Most pics are b4 the 18v so it shows the rear switch in the wrong place. The 5s have 3/2 on the site and now they are usually 2/3. Eventually all pics will be replaced to show current models and done differently for the layout. This will take awhile.

People visiting the site also like seeing new things from time to time. Same old same old doesn't do it for everyone.

For codes I have this for now using a 5 as an example;

The Bolt-on series, custom 'a la carte' from the 'M' model and order as you like any feature on the menu; Custom Pro Series, BSR5CP or CR5CP.

Exotic series neck thrus, all wood combinations except maple/walnut combos in 3 models;

BSR5MS or BT5MS (similar as before with the MS) 'Exotic Standard' series.
BSR5GN or BT5G (similar as before with the GN/BT) 'Exotic Pro' series.
BSR5EG or BT5EG (same same.. ) 'Exotic Elite' series.
-------------------------------
Tiger Series Neck-Thru's, now with the White Tiger models in each range. The first model is the MS with 3-pc body like the GN or TN;

5TNS, 5WTS or -V for vintage BT, the WT is the White Tiger Maple over Walnut. The reverse of the Black Tiger. This is the Black or White 'Tiger Standard'.

5TN, 5WT or -V for vintage BT. 'Tiger Pro' series.

5TNE,5WTE or -VE for vintage elite BT. 'Tiger Elite' series.
---------------------------
And the Anniversary 'Fusion Elite' series. For now it is still the 25th model as I have a few caps and plates left to use up. After that, we will see.
-----------------------------------
So, the models and codes are for the most part unchanged. Just the groupings of models have a little added 'Sizzle to the Steak'.