View Single Post
Old 02-23-2012, 12:39 PM
Posting Member

Terry McDougal is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Pope View Post
In my experience, you can tell from the non-verbals when a person is truly curious and wants to have a discussion rather than smart one liners (then again, in my "former life," my job was to assess the veracity of witnesses on the stand and see if my argument was being well received by the jury). I am happy to discuss bass at the pleasure of the truly interested, but I simply smile and go on at the one-liners.
A lawyer's dog, running around town unleashed, heads for a butcher shop and steals a roast.
The butcher goes to the lawyer's office and asks
"If a dog, running around unleashed, steals a piece of meat from my store, do I have a right to demand payment for the meat from the dog's owner?"
The lawyer answers,
"Absolutely."
"Then you owe me $18. Your dog was loose and stole a roast from me today." says the butcher
The lawyer, without uttering a word, goes to the ATM across the road and withdraws twenty bucks.
He tells the butcher to keep the change as he pays for the roast - lawyers are very generous.
Three days later, the butcher finds a bill from the lawyer - $150 due for a consultation.