View Single Post
Old 01-29-2009, 08:12 PM
Posting Member

David Alan McIntire II is on a distinguished road

I'm havin fun wit everyone's seeming fear of the big Man on campus here. I had a Burner 6 for a long time, before getting my current CR6. I do remember some of the issue you speak of. But it may just be that cab. I'm a real gear head, have owned and tried all kinds of amps, basses and such. I'm an old school tone guy as well, and this new, modern soundin gear is just not suited to get that tone. Especially cabs. 'Fore ya give up on that Burner, try some different cabs, for sure, but try ones wit different designs especially. Rear ports, sealed designs ALL have big differences in how clear and how NOT so clear ya want your tone. My current rig is pretty simple. Mesa M-Pulse 600 into a Bergantino HT-310. NOT Hi-Fi at all. The Mesa has HUGE low end, I temper that using tens in all my cabs. This is a front ported cab, and loud, but really responsive to my EQ settings. I've used Mark Bass gear, and all have commented about that "honk" thing. Try a different cab. I bet it makes a big difference.