View Single Post
Old 04-21-2009, 11:29 AM
Senior Posting Member

Joel Larsson is on a distinguished road

I used to have three, too. Had to let the good one go when I sold my first bass. (It was a bit tight over my fat bottomed Bussetto anyway.) I have a small bag for my very small bass. That is, the bag is still a bit too big. It's basically a piece of cloth, absolutely w/o any frills. Need to get a new one. In the bow pocket is what can only be the worst bow in the world. (I found it some nine month after purchasing the instrument, along with a set of Pyramid strings.)
My other bass bag is a 4/4 for my 3/4 but fat bottomed Bussetto. A 7/8 bag would fit better, but here I am. It's also very slim and basic but at least it's a bit more elaborated than the small one. I keep the bass in it when I fly, as the whole package fits nicely into the flight case, and it's nice to always bring a gig bag with you for any unforeseen ventures.
If the flight case counts, I have three! It's pretty decent, too. Not the highest end stuff where you hang the bass inside (I think one of Rabbath's sons makes these?) but no cheap solution. It's the only one of my bass covers that I can be proud of.
There! Lots of text about my bass bags. Nice thread, allowing this utterly pointless extravagance.