View Single Post
Old 02-06-2008, 06:16 PM
Posting Member

Brian Casey is on a distinguished road

I just put a set on my 7/8 Christopher 401 Monday night and the transformation was amazing. Orchestra rehearsal Tuesday and I left happier with my personal performance than I have in a long time, probably a combination of the BC's and the Oak rosin I received on Monday as well. I had been playing 3 year old Helicores, so anything was an improvement, but I think the BC's will be my string for awhile. Yes, a little soft, but they're still solid feeling, and I'm learning to finesse them better every day.

I was most surprised by the pizz sound, which I was really enamored with. I'm now considering leaving the Pfretschner home on some upcoming jazz gig when I know I'll have plenty of room and try to big Chrissie on a night of pizz. I'll always go back to the Pfrestschner with Olivs and Spiros, but the BC's have revitalized my feelings about the Christopher. I can see some validity to the comments about BC's working best on newer basses, but can't address which ones really do better under more or less tension.

Also, my luthier, who I bought the strings from, mentioned that you can tune the BC's up to solo pitch without problems. He said he's done it himself a couple times. Anybody else hear anything like this?

Brian Casey / Tanglehead

www.myspace.com.tangle_head

Last edited by Brian Casey; 02-07-2008 at 12:52 PM. Reason: typo - not should have been now