View Single Post
Old 04-11-2007, 11:12 AM
Posting Member

Bill Doss is on a distinguished road
Default Aguilar DB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Smith View Post
Thank you both Bill and Tim for your expert opinions, I feel as though Tim really hit home with his ending comment. Its all about "What's Sounds Best in The Ear of The Bass Player", that's what ultimately determines what Bass or rig he/she plays, or plays through. If we all had the same exact equipment I can promise you we still wouldn't sound the same, nor would we want too. Everyone has a different "Flavor" sound, tweaking set-up that hopefully allows them to pronounce to the world what they hear in their respective heads. For me its Ken Smith Basses and Ampeg rigs.
God I love this forum its so cool to be able to agree to disagree and learn something in the interum.
Al

I agree. It is great to be able to discuss gear with such luxury of detail. If this forum was around years ago it would have saved me a lot of cash from buying stuff that for one reason or another did not do it for me.

Al, one more thing about the Aguilar cabient that i did not mention was that I was using an Aguilar Ag500 solid state head with my Fender jazz (stock). I have not played my Smith through it,as it is in Ken's shop being given some TLC.