View Single Post
Old 10-22-2007, 11:29 PM
Bassist, Luthier & Admin

Ken Smith is on a distinguished road
Question Eden Metro ..or?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Bishop View Post
I would highly recommend the Eden Metro. This is a great combo amp and IMO the best on the market . Power + ? Oh yeah! With impedance options of 8/4/2 ohms you get 300/500/750 Watts respectively. Obviously, you have some nice options here with the multiple impedance options.

For example: A nice way to go with this would be to find one or order one rated at 4 ohms, get the 500W output and have the option to add another 4 ohm cabinet (i.e. Eden 410 XST) later (if desired) and get the full 750W+ @ 2 ohms. At any rate, with a balanced XLR out (including level output adjust), Semi-Parametric EQ, etc., there's much flexibility with this amp.

Check out the following link for add'l info:

http://www.eden-electronics.com/prod...ndiv/metro.asp
I looked it up and it is 78lbs. It also looks like the SWR Redhead. He has a 2/10 EBS cab but it's just too heavy. He likes the 1/10 idea. Eden also has CXC210, 68lbs and the CXC110 combo at 39 lbs. Are the CXC Combos durable enough to crank out some volume and not blow the speakers?

Also, how does your choice of the Metro compare to the Redhead? I don't know if this 78lb Combo is small enough for his 'lugging'.

(I just happen to own serial no.48 of the Redheads from when they first came out. It has been back for repairs several years ago and is close to the Super Redhead model after the slight mods they made.)