View Single Post
Old 06-27-2007, 11:44 PM
Junior Posting Member

Chip Diemond is on a distinguished road

Well, I’m confused…. Could be me, but I’d swear there are now posts prior to the last one I read this morning when I left for work.. In any case here’s how I see what went down:

I was the original poster. I introduced myself, made a polite comment, and asked a couple questions.

Subsequently the thread was hi-jacked in what I considered to be a rude and inconsiderate fashion.

I protested, and the off-topic posts were removed. [It shoulda’ been dead right there.]

Some while later a post appeared questioning my ‘nothing was lost’ comment.

I responded to that post confirming my assessment of the deleted posts. I also held forth on why it is that I visit Mr. Smith’s site. [Hindsight tells me that this post was my first mistake]

Then there was the ‘tweaker’ comment that was somewhat distasteful. [It was subsequently deleted by the poster and later restored]

I responded to the effect that that comment was not appropriate.

There was a post to the effect that perhaps it would be wise to ‘stay away from this thread’…. [Coulda’ ended there too.] But no…

Then it was suggested that I was posting under an assumed name. I’ll be honest with ya’, that one pissed me off, which lead to last night’s full on broadside…. [Second mistake.] I was under the impression that what I had on my hands was your standard internet ‘flame war’… I’ve done those. Boy was I wrong…. Waaaay wrong.

[Please note, I’m doing this from memory, if I’ve gotten something wrong, please call me on it.]

For Richard/Robert; the answer to the ‘Jeopardy’ question is ‘player piano’. Had you done your research you would have known that. There was a PM, I was only toyin’ with ya’. T-Ball is a kind of baseball played by young children. No pitcher, they set the ball up on on a ‘tee’ for the batter to swing at. The reference had to do with the fact that I had served you up with several topics to respond to.

Mr. Smith, you have a tough ‘row to hoe’. I don’t envy you.

I’m happy to respond to any polite poster who might wish to comment.

So there ya’ have it. I’m honestly not sure if I’m the ‘Troll’ or ‘Trollee’. The clicking sound you hear is me…. tap dancing off, stage left…

Chip