View Single Post
Old 04-21-2009, 05:02 PM
Bassist, Luthier & Admin

Ken Smith is on a distinguished road
Cool humm..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Casey View Post
So, yes, I kept the Christopher these past 18 or so months. I used it primarily for orchestra work, as the Pfretzschner didn't project like the Christopher did - but it had a remarkable sound, especially for jazz.

Now, however, you'll see another post in This New Bass that describes my NEW (to me) German bass. I'm intending to use this German bass for my orchestral work from now on. This means, including the Christopher I now have three basses, so the topic of this thread is still very much relevant.

I've considered putting the Christopher up for consignment at a local shop, or passively trying to sell locally. I'm not hot to sell it, but I don't intend to play it much at all, and I'd rather have it being played than sitting in my basement where it is now. (My wife's limit is two double basses in the house, and until I convert the garage, the living room doubles as my practice room - just after everyone else has gone to bed.)

I might use it as fodder to trade into a REAL bow....

brian
Was there any possibility along the way of trading the Chrissy in towards a better Bass so you didn't end up with the 3 you have now? Like cars, I would rather have just one but basses are easier to park..

Lol.. look who's talking. If you ask me how many bass 'I' have (not my commercial inventory) I would need to sit down and figure it out as well as where the all are as far as the ones out for restoration.

Still, one Bass (or maybe two if the jobs call for it) is all most of us need.