View Single Post
Old 02-16-2007, 08:43 AM
Posting Member

Brian Glassman is on a distinguished road
Default Wizzy-M w/ BG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Maneri View Post
I notoriously dislike the Wizzy E for either instrument. I didn't have a chance to work with an EB with the M but I would bet it's great. Brian? Time for more hurling.
he added depth it gives to my

I like the Wizzy-M just fine for slab. I have a pair for loud gigs, but one seems kick really well for most. I enjoy the added depth it gives my very punchy Music Man Sterling. Ofcourse there's no substitute for mass.
I've tried much heavier rigs w/ multiple speakers that give the BG more heft to the sound, but for a 33 pound speaker? it's great. I think the BG even sounded better w/ the M when I used my Walter Woods instead of the Focus. It sounded like a much bigger cab than it is. How's that for hurling, Phil?

My one criticism w/ BG may be that the speaker seems to sound a little dry w/ pops and slaps. It's almost like while the wizzer plays the hi's the woofer takes a break on the lows. Maybe it can't transmit the crispiest hi's and lows at the same time? A good test might be to play a keyboard thru it and play at the extreme hi end and low end of the keyboard at the same time.

Last edited by Brian Glassman; 02-18-2007 at 09:36 PM.