Thread: Rosin
View Single Post
Old 07-05-2009, 08:45 PM
Senior Posting Member

Calvin Marks is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joel Larsson View Post
Oh, I have no rosin problem. I could enjoy playing any of the rosins mentioned, I just dislike some of their characteristics. I do this for the fun of it, or else I'd stick with the Oak. In Sweden, Nymans, Carlsson, and Pops are what people play, and when I first ran into some Oak, I decided it was time to look beyond that horizon. It's like trying strings. You may like a set, but you won't know just how much until you try another one!

Plus, rosin is cheaper than strings, but no less exciting.

Just to make things clear, I am still studying, although I have some gigs every now and then. Pöllmann bass - a rather good one, if I may say so - and a great snakewood bow. My first proper bow is in pieces. That one was really good, too, but the current one is better.

(By the way, I think the Carlsson cake I had had been lying around in the violin shop for way too long. I recall no stickiness whatsoever, and it didn't run.)
Most POPS in stores are fairly old, you can tell by the color. The more translucent the rosin is the better. Also, the brighter the color the better.

Order from bassrosin.com ....These cakes are made and sold within a week.

Cheers.