View Single Post
Old 11-22-2008, 11:34 AM
Bassist, Luthier & Admin

Ken Smith is on a distinguished road
Cool well..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Bishop View Post
Count me in.
You know, I could write a book on the subject but what I was thinking is letting the 'book' write itself by answering questions and see where these answers lead. It wont be in any kind of exact order of events but we can compile that later.

I did a workshop earlier this year at Gerald Veasley's Boot Camp (Reading, Pa) and polled the audience for questions and then answered them in order. I have another workshop to do next month at UArts in Philly. I did the first one there a few years ago but that was on set-up and maintenance of instruments for the most part. Just about all of the Bass students as well as some of the Bass teachers attended as well. This year I will do some more of the Q&A like I did at Gerald's Camp plus a few other things like buying tip for Double Basses and what to look out for. I might also be asked back to the Boot Camp this coming year as well.

So, ask just about anything you like about me and the Bass from when I first touched one up until now. I will add some earlier 'related' history as needed as well as 'color it in' a bit to keep it interesting.