View Single Post
Old 12-02-2010, 08:28 PM
Bassist, Luthier & Admin

Ken Smith is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb also..

I have several restoration photos on my website of some famous instruments in restoration. Not a blow by blow but a gook look inside some very expensive basses, $50-$150k grade.

Matthew's work looks very nice but the more you see, the more you learn from. These two links here are master grade basses restored by one of the best that does work for all of the major New York Orchestras and 100k basses are common in this shop daily.

One, and Two.

I have 100s of restoration photos in my files from other master grade basses of mine and other basses worked on as well but I generally keep them private as they would scare most players. Like seeing a body opened up and then a year later the guy jogging. Once when having a root c**** and fitting at the dentist I had to take a bathroom break as this was going for hours. The dentist said "DON'T look in the Mirror!!" After washing my hands I looked up.. .. Now I knew why he said that..

Post restoration photos are mush prettier to look at unless your are an experienced Emergency room attendee..