View Single Post
Old 02-14-2015, 10:25 PM
Bassist, Luthier & Admin

Ken Smith is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Swanson View Post
Really nice sound you are getting, as well as nice playing.

How were you amplifying your instrument? Was this just a mic through the PA, or some mic/pickup combination on the bass?

However you were producing that amplified sound, it blends perfectly for the music and the group.

Thanks for sharing these. You look as if you are having some fun...
Thanks Eric. I use an SWR Pro 10, small combo amp that also tilts back. The sound guy took the signal from the back with the XLR and put it thru the sound system. I think it was the Singers people that made the recording, mostly for him, not the Orchestra. I use a 2-wing Shadow pickup like the Underwood.I had Belcantos on there as well. I don't have such great computer speakers so I don't really know how it sounds. I can barely hear the bass but I remember from the gig that I held it together. A few months after that concert, I sold the bass. On the concert 2 years earlier with the same Singer I used the Neuner German bass I used to have. That bass was also sold shortly after as well.

It seems that the best way for me to sell a bass is to set it to my personal liking and then make it my main 'working' bass. Then, when a guy is at the shop trying basses and my main bass is still in the case shortly after a gig and he asks, "what bass is that in the cover?" .. I say its my bass and then they wanna try it. Then, kiss it good bye. That's the bass they want.