View Single Post
Old 04-11-2007, 05:02 PM
Posting Member

Bill Doss is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Smith View Post
Fender Jazz, really, might I ask what year and if its American or Mexican produced? It would over whelmingly seem as though the majority of the Bassist on this thread prefer the Aguilar and Epifani products. Indeed that makes a powerful statement, one would assume that their products are the ones (if your wallet can afford it) to acquire.
Al
Al,

My Jazz is a Mexican made with the usual upgrades (leo quan bridge, hipshot exteneder tuner. and new pick ups). It sounded better to me than the others and it was a lot cheaper than a US made even with the upgrades.

As to the Aguilar and Epifani comment, I would agree with Tim in saying that I do not see that many people using these brands in the forum. I see most players using Eden and power and preamp combinations than Aguilar or Epifani. As you said earlier, it is what sounds good to you that matters.

The Aguilar head works for me because it is a dual channel head with an overdrive channel that works very well for rock music (kind of a pushed Ampeg SVT sound)- and a very clean channel for everything else. I could probably do better with two preamp set ups - one dirt one clean- but that would be very heavy and inpractical. Also the Aguilar AG 500 is pretty loud (500 watts) and light (18LBS). So it is very practical in a lot of ways.

BD